You have probably heard the phrase, “lean into”, meaning, to grab the opportunity that is in front you. But today I suggest that we “learn into” 2022, meaning that we should take hold of our past experiences and learn from them (i.e. the good and the bad) and pull and stretch them forward into the present and into the future so that (1) we don’t repeat the same mistakes, (2) we don’t forget or toss away what is already working, and (3) we do increase our intentionality of actions leading to desired results.
Some questions to ask ourselves as we rework our focus for 2022:
(1) What was my biggest regret in 2021 and why?
(2) How did I hurt myself in 2021 and for what reasons?
(3) How did I hurt others in 2021 and what was the impact?
(4) How could I have used my talents and gifts in 2021 more appropriately?
New Year, Same Problems?
Nothing is more frustrating than feeling stuck in past cycles of defeat and despair. Let me tell you, however, that the year 2022 will be your best year yet. Why? Because you are hungry for change, for improvement, for growth. You won’t settle for mediocrity anymore. You are worth more than that. If you are reading this, COVID and its harms didn’t defeat you. You are alive. Opportunity awaits you. You will seize your moment and will do so through the process of applying what you have already learned about yourself, others and the world this past year.
2022 Will Bring… What?
It’s up to you to decide. Let me share with you some possibilities:
(1) Better Health?
(2) Quality Time with Loved Ones?
(3) Tight Alignment Among Values, Thoughts and Actions?
Don’t let 2022 happen to you; be the one who happens to take appropriate actions that bring about your desired results.
To help you achieve a successful 2022, keep these simple thoughts in mind:
(1) People are not your God, so don’t worship or fear them. Respecting is enough.
(2) Acceptance brings freedom. So, start afresh, learn from it, and do your best moving forward.
(3) Your best chance to change the world is to change yourself. You owe it to you.
Maybe you feel tired coming out of 2021, moving into 2022. I believe that God is willing, ready, and able to help you with your breakthrough. Give yourself space, time, and forgiveness to find the way.
Your friend in learning,
23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.